Nothing says fall like crisp apple and nutty pecans, both of which are the centerpieces of this delicious salad. Dried cranberries and pomegranate seeds add a hint of tartness, and the salad is finished with a beautiful raspberry honey vinaigrette. Serves 4.
- For the Salad:
- 1 bag mixed baby lettuce
- 1 Granny Smith apple, sliced very thin
- 1 cup caramelized pecans
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
TIP: Slice the apples just before serving so they don’t turn brown. You can also sprinkle a little lemon juice over the slices to prevent browning.
- For the Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup raspberry vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
TIP: The vinaigrette will keep for up to a week stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Combine all salad ingredients just before serving.
- Mix the vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper in a bowl with a whisk.
- Pour olive oil into bowl while whisking to emulsify the dressing.
- Top salad with dressing, toss and serve.
Previously published in The Humble Gourmand, 2009.