I love combining sweet and savory flavors, and I think pork chops meld perfectly with the orange and maple flavors in this dish. The caramelized pecans are added at the end to finish the dish with a light crunchy texture. Serves 4.
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped caramelized pecans
TIP: You can buy caramelized pecans in high end grocery stores and specialty cheese shops if you don’t know how to make your own.
- ¼ orange juice
- ¼ maple syrup
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Generously coat both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat a 10” frying pan on high and add canola oil.
- When oil is hot, add the chops and cook for 4-6 minutes, until golden on one side.
- Flip the chops and put entire pan in oven for 10 minutes. Cook times may vary depending, so be sure to check that the chops are cooked through.
- Rest chops on a platter and tent with aluminum foil to allow the chops to become tender and juicy.
- While chops are tented, deglaze pan with orange juice, maple syrup, and chicken broth/stock.
- Cook glaze on high until reduced by half and the sauce thickens.
- Top pork chops with glaze and finish with the chopped pecans.
Previously published in The Humble Gourmand, 2009.